Whatisaboytodo

Thursday 31 March 2011

growing up with my childhood friend from Peru, I have always had a fascination with the Incas. I think it might have been because of the fact that they lived high up in the moments away from the city which generated this romantic feeling of absolute solitude that i envy so much. the Peruvian culture reflects passion, fun, happiness, joy, love and all the other feelings that make you get butterflies in that tummy of yours. I guess its all that sun they're exposed to or maybe they have to wear these flamboyant outfits to frighten off animals trying to kill their young, but either way they look fabulous darling. my friend Claudia used to always bring me back something from there after visiting her family and I would cherish it immensely. the patterns, the colours, the images of the lamas gave me a feeling like I had already been there through her, not to mention her looooong stories about how absolutely fantastic it was. 




For another piece of work I'm thinking of doing; I've been playing around with making my own patterns inspired by tribes such as the Incas.


and I am glad to see that this has also been interpreted into fashion by Mary Katrantzou in her AW11 collection. I'm happy to see that someone has the same passion for colour, pattern and structure as i am. 




1 comment: