Whatisaboytodo

Saturday 12 March 2011

-DIY Burberry-


picture from www.butyk.co.uk

I would dare anyone not to like Burberrys ss11 collection. I'm sure you've read all about through other blogs that have verbalised how amazing it was better than me....so lets get to the point.. I have been obsessed with the concept of traditional trench and hard leather, and considering my funds are scarce I must take matters into my own hands and make this look tangible in my life. Here is what I did.




After my wardrobe audit, I convinced my boyfriend to throw out his trench coat. words can not express how beaten up this trench was. holes galore, rips and tears from the fights that we had, cuts from him falling over, drunken nights...but our relationship aside, the trench was a hawt mess. He also has a new leather jacket so he didn't need his old one... this was definitely an opportunity for me to work my magic. Anyway number 1. find a leather jacket, and a trench..


2. Unpick the sleeves off both. have a cigarette because it can get boring.

3. Pin the leather sleeves to the trench, or pin the trench sleeves to the leather jacket and get your sewing machine out and sew the living shit out of them...i am a messy sewer because i get too excited...so DO NOT DO LIKE ME. take your time and enjoy it. have a cigarette because this can be stressful.


4. et voila you have your own home made trench leather jacket. all you need now is to change some of the trimmings; i.e buttons etc. add a matching belt and your done. if you want this look and can't be bothered to make it yourself they are selling it in Zara at the moment, with a tan bodice and leather sleeves...very lovely...I don't know the price of it but you should pop down and have a look.



This is mine half done... still more work to do to it but having some drinks tonight so gotta go. It aint Burberry but it'll have to do for now.


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment