Whatisaboytodo

Wednesday 27 October 2010

get yo weave did




It started in the summer of 2009. I was out at the Macbeth in Shoreditch and a friend of a friends at the time girl friend, was carrying this bag I was completely smitten by. I thought by the way the girl was dressed that it would be by some crazy high end fashion designer but after a few drinks and conversing with the young lady she confessed that it was purchased from IKEA. Being the sado that I am, the following day I forced a friend to some with me to the depths on Enflield to the IKEA to get this £3 pound bag. Yes thats right, £3 pound! This was a while back though, before this blog existed.

I love the idea of large scale weaving- it could be due to my fascination with squares and the equality within the shape, or it could be the simplicity of weaving with such a gorgeous outcome.

Anywhoooo- getting more and more into blogging, to my surprise I have seen a lot of weaving going on, from Sandra Backlunds ss11 collection, Alexander Mcqueens ss11 hairstyle, to art at the Frieze Art Fair (which I will blog later).


http://scandinavianfashion.net/
www.vogue.com

After buying my IKEA bag, I thought that I should give it a go myself and make my own woven t-shirt. I have yet to finish it.


-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment